), www.5andhalf.com (site
) and the products of 5.5 Degrees.
1.2 5.5 Degrees is committed to providing you with the best possible customer service experience.
1.3 5.5 Degrees is bound by the Privacy Act 1988
(Cth), which sets out a number of principles concerning the privacy of individuals.
2. Collection of your personal information
3. There are many aspects of the site, which can be viewed without providing personal information. However, in order to obtain a licence for the use of 5 Degrees’ products and services, and for access to future 5.5 Degrees support features, you are required to submit personally identifiable information. This may include but not limited to a unique username and password, or sensitive personal information to assist in the recovery of your lost password.
4. For each visitor to the site, we collect non-personally identifiable information, including but not limited to browser type, version and language, operating system, pages viewed while browsing the site, page access times and referring website address. This collected information is used internally for the sole purpose of gauging visitor traffic, trends and delivering personalized content to you while you are at the site.
5. 5.5 Degrees will also use your personally-identifiable information for the purposes of implementing and maintaining any subscription you have to use any of its products and services, and for the purposes of ensuring that the product contains your personal information in accordance with its intended purpose.
6. From time to time, we may use also use your personal information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change at some time in the future, we will only use data collected from the time of the policy change for these new purposes.
7. We may occasionally engage other companies or individuals to provide services on our behalf, including, but not limited to, handling customer support enquiries, processing transactions or customer freight shipping. Those companies or individuals will be permitted by 5 Degrees to obtain only the personal information they need to deliver the relevant service. 5.5 Degrees takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
9. You have a right to access your personal information held by 5.5 Degrees, subject to exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. 5.5 Degrees reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for, and providing access to, your information on a per request basis.